Arnold is the man who has set up bench marks of success in the field of body building, acting, writing books and American politics. It doesn’t matter in which field he has excelled (though he has excelled in all the fields he has been). However the approach he has used can be used as universal rules of going top of the ladder of success in life!
Here are the six golden rules of success of Arnold Schwarzenegger:
1. Trust yourself: Once you are very sure what you want to do in life, then you got to have complete faith in your abilities to achieve that.
2. Break some rules: Sometimes to achieve your dreams, you need to go out of the way, think out of the box. If that demands breaking some of the age old rules, then you should not be afraid to go ahead. Here Arnold talks about breaking the rules and not the laws.
3. Ignore the nay Sayers: When you are on the road to success, many people would try to put you down. But as long as you are focused towards your goals and committed to achieve them, then people who say no, should be ignored.
4. Work your butt off: As the old adage goes, ‘nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without persistence and hard work‘; you have to tirelessly work hard till you succeed in getting what you want.
5. Don’t be afraid to fail: Winners consider failures as a part of the game. Even if there are small failures in your way, you should never give up. Arnold says, don’t be afraid to fail but keep putting your best efforts consistently with patience and perseverance.
6. Give something back to the society: After you start getting what you have been striving for, the next wise thing to do share your fortune with the society in whichever way you can do. This is what Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and others have done. It is said that an attitude of giving back is an incredible way to live your life.
You may or may not be able to reach where Arnold is today. But looking at his life and philosophies that he had adopted, you can be sure that by following him, you too can rank in the list of achievers. You just need to try!